Download Torrents On iPhone ( Jailbreak & Non-Jailbreak )
Apple which is known for it’s best data security do not allow users to use torrent client on devices. But when we want to share large files torrent is the best way which we can use. Also Apple will never make way to App Store easy for torrent clients. Now what if you want to download torrents on your iPhone ? Others say for that iPhone must be jail broken, but in this article I have explained how you can download torrents on iPhone without worrying on whether it is jail broken or not.
Let me first clear some common questions which may arise to you while downloading torrents. Using torrent clients is completely legal, but downloading any copyrighted material is illegal. Many from us think that downloading torrent files is illegal but truth is they are missing out something amazing. Torrent clients are available for free on Windows , Mac and Android but sadly on iOS it is not available. Torrent clients do not follow apple policies because torrents is mainly used to download copyrighted media. It creates negative impact on Apple’s business – iTunes Store and App Store. Now iOS users need not have to worry as today I am going to explain how you can easily download any torrent on your iPhone without jailbreak by following simle steps. I will be also talking about how to download torrents on iPhone which are jailbroken. Let me first talk about downloading torrents for non jailbreak users. There are two methods to download torrent files on your iPhone. I will be discussing both of them. All you have to do is follow simple steps which are given below.
Download Torrents on iPhone without Jailbreak
As said earlier there are two methods, one is by using sites which allows you to download torrent files and other is by using iTransmission App for iPhone.
Note: Technobrij.com does not support downloading copyrighted material. The file downloaded in this tutorial is just for teaching purposes, and in no way should be perceived as Tech Brij supports downloading copyrighted material.
Method – 1 : Using Online Torrent Downloading sites
I will be using iPhone with iOS 7 non-jailbreaked installed to explain you. Make sure you are connected with fast internet as this sites don’t work properly on slow connections Wi-Fi will be best or 3G will work too. There are many sites to download torrents but here we will be using zbigz.com because it allows downloading without creating user accounts.
1. Start Safari browser on your iPhone and search for torrent file which you want to download. Copy its magnet or download link. I am downloading MP3 file you can download any file which are supported by iPhone ( movies, ebooks etc. )
2. After copying link, In new tab type URL – www.zbigz.com and wait until whole website loads.
3. When site will be fully loaded, you will see text box in the middle of page to enter link. Paste link which was copied earlier and click on “Go”.
4. After download gets complete, You can click on that file to open it. If you have problems opening your file than you can download VLC media player from App Store. Connect your iPhone to computer and open app data of VLC in iTunes. You will see your downloaded file there.
Zbigz proves very helpful to iOS users. If you are a heavy torrent downloader than you can go premium on this site which will cost you $10 per month and $85 per year. If you are free user than you can download maximum 1GB of torrent file at speed of 150 Kbps. If you want to try other sites than below is the list of few sites which you can try to download torrents on iPhone.
Online Torrent Downloading Sites –
Method – 2 : Using iTransmission App for downloading torrents
Another way to download torrents on iPhone without jailbreak is by using iTransmission App. As I told before, you will not find iTransmission for downloading torrents on App Store. But there are few sites from which you can download iTransmission and install it on your iPhone via iTunes. Follow below given steps with proper attention.
1. Change your iPhone date to 2012 ( This is very important step don’t skip it ).
2. Go to – iEmulators.com. Find iTransmission in site and click on Download.
3. After downloading that connect your iPhone to iTunes and install that app on your iPhone.
4. When installation gets complete, Copy link ( Magnet or Torrent ) of torrent file which you want to download.
5. Open iTransmission, Paste link and click on Download.
6. That’s it! You can easily download torrents on iPhone using iTransmission.
Download Torrents on Jailbroken iPhone
As title signifies, Your iPhone must be jailbroken to follow below given steps. There may be many ways to download torrents on iPhone which is jailbroken but the one which I tried was by iTransmission. As we know jailbreaking an iPhone can simplify most of the things, downloading torrents on jailbroken iPhone is similarly very easy task. I tried with my iPhone having installed iOS 6.0 jailbreaked. It might be possible that the trick which worked to me may not work to you because of different versions of iOS jailbreak. But you can try by following simple steps which are given below.
Steps to Download torrents on iPhone using iTransmission –
1. Open Cydia App Store and search for app – “iTransmission”. Download and install that app on your iPhone.
2. When downloading gets completed, Open iTransmission from home screen. App has many cool features like its own browser. You can open that browser and search for torrent files link.
3. Copy link and paste it in app or just click link from browser to begin downloading your desired torrent file.
4. You can also see the detailed report of current downloads in app.
These were the best and simple ways to download torrents on iPhone. I apologize if you face any problems doing this but you can always ask solutions for your problem in comments. I will get back to you as soon as possible.