How to Find Missing Android Device with Google Search ?
Google recently launched a cool new feature by using which you can easily find your missing android device by single google search. Yes, that’s true and I think locating lost phones was never this easier. Good thing is Google has made this feature available to all the android users so if you are using android device than you too can try it right now. Getting curious about it ? Go through this article as I have explained all the things which you need to know about finding android device with google search.
Google launched Android Device Manager in August 2013, well that was for sure the best way to find any lost android device yet but now Google has integrated Android Device Manager into search results and by that we can find our lost android phone or tablet or any other device running Android OS with a google search. We all know that Google is the biggest search giant on internet but now google is trying to integrate all of their apps into search results by doing this google wants its search engine to be one stop for each and every information we need in our day to day life.
Well its useful and yes this made finding lost android device faster and more hassle free but wait is it really hassle free ? Well it is not there are many settings on your Android device which needs to be changed before you can find your android device with google search.
Change Settings on Your Android Device –
1) To send the location of your android device, location services should be enabled on your android device and of-course it should have internet connectivity to send location.
2) Android Device Manger should be enabled on your android device. To enable it go to “Settings” > “Security” > “Device Administrators” in that tick the check box saying Android Device Manager.
3) Your lost android device and device you are using to find lost android device should be signed in with same google account that means if your friends phone is lost than you have to first of all sign in with your friend’s google account to find lost android device with google search.
You need to change above mentioned settings on your android device and I would recommend you to keep it as it is forever so that it becomes easier to find your device when it gets lost. These were all the settings which your need to change prior of finding your android device, once you think your android device is setup you can follow below given steps to locate android device from google search.
How to Find Android Device With Google Search ?
1) Sign in with the google account with which your lost android device is signed in.
2) Once you are signed in, go to google.com and search “Find My Phone“. If you have done all the things properly than you would see that it is locating your android device and once it is located it will be shown to you on map in google search results itself. Now if you want than you can play a sound, lock or completely erase your android device from there.
Note – If you are not getting the location of your android device in search results (as shown in image above) and instead of that if you are getting other search results than make sure your android device is setup properly as mentioned above.
In this way you can easily locate your lost android device by simply searching google with – “Find My Phone”. I hope this tutorial helps you in finding your lost android device, if you have any queries or questions related to it than feel free to ask me in comments below. I would try to answer them as soon as possible.