Gmail Desktop Notification : Enable or Disable
Sometimes replying an email on time can benefit you and to reply, you will need something which notifies you as soon as you get new email. Email service from Google, Gmail has one amazing feature which you might not be knowing. You can actually turn on Gmail desktop notification and get notified for every single new mail in your inbox.
This article is for the people who are receiving dozens of important emails everyday. As for them missing a single email can put them or their jobs in problem. You will get many apps on Mac App Store or in Windows Store but even they fails sometimes to notify you than why don’t give a try to feature which is provided to you by Gmail itself. You may not be knowing about this feature but after reading this article I am sure you will enable gmail desktop notification on gmail account.
I found this feature while messing up with my gmail accounts settings. I tried it first by sending email with my another account and it notified me 🙂 I was so happy when I came across this feature of gmail and decided to tell to all of you. There are many other email providers but Gmail is one of best, trusted ,with lot of useful and handy features. Gmail has active 452 million users worldwide which is highest among all email service providers. If you are non-gmail user than you should switch to Gmail right now. Let us now begin with tutorial to enable gmail notification on desktop.
How To Enable Gmail Desktop Notification ?
Enabling Gmail notifications on desktop is like a piece of cake. You have to follow below given steps and do accordingly on your gmail account. At the end of the steps you will be able to enable and disable notifications both. Sometimes you may feel notifications annoying at that time you can easily even disable gmail desktop notifications.
1) Login to your gmail account and wait until it loads perfectly.
2) Head over to upper right corner of window and search for logo highlighted in below given image and click on it.
2) On clicking it will open up menu. In that click on settings and it will open your Email settings.
3) In you email settings under general tab scroll down a little and you will find Desktop Notifications. In that you can Enable desktop notifications as per different filters like enable notifications for only important emails or for all emails.
4) That’s it now when you will receive new emails you will get notified as shown in image below 🙂
In this way you can easily turn on Gmail desktop notification. If it annoys you anytime than follow step 1 to step 3 and in desktop notifications select Mail notifications off.
Hope you like this very useful feature of Gmail. Share with us via comments if you find any other cool feature of gmail and don’t forget to share this post with your friends 😉