Google Chrome 64 bit Arrives to Download for Windows 7/8
A most awaited update of World’s most used internet browser has arrived, yes finally Google Chrome 64 bit stable version is now available to download. No doubt 32-bit version was best but Google promises more stability and improvement in browsing speed with this 64-bit version of Google Chrome.
On 26th June, Google made stable 64-bit version of Chrome available to download but before that Google launched beta versions of 64 bit Google Chrome for developers and early adopters. Even I tested beta version and they were pretty impressive as they never crashed! Well I do faced few of the problems but it was beta version so it’s completely fine. If we talk about stable version of Google Chrome than it is simply a fab. I just installed it on my windows 8.1 laptop and I noticed few changes on my windows 8.1 laptop. I have discussed all the changes and new features of 64 bit version of chrome and also I will tell you how you can get Google Chrome 64 bit on your Windows laptop or computer.
Features of Google Chrome 64 bit –
- The first and foremost feature is, it is 64 bit version which makes Google Chrome run more smoothly on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8 64 bit.
- Google claims that 64 bit version of chrome is more secured and twice as stable from 32 bit version.
- It is faster in terms of loading high graphics and advanced websites. Google also said that VP9 codecs which are used for high definition videos on Youtube is about 15% improved in decoding performance.
- Google Chrome 64 bit has more effective defend system against vulnerability which are depend on controlling memory layout of objects.
These were few of the features of New Google Chrome but as said by Google, NPAPI plugin support is not there in 64 bit version of Google Chrome, which will be fixed soon in upcoming updates of Google Chrome. If this features impress you than you can try Google Chrome 64 bit on your windows laptop or computer.
Note – Google Chrome 64 bit cannot be installed on 32 bit devices and it is only available for Windows 7 – 64 bit and Windows 8 – 64 bit.
Download and Install Google Chrome 64 bit
- Download Google Chrome Stable 64 bit version from here.
- After you download file, double click on downloaded file and it will get installed just as normal 32 bit Google Chrome.
- After installation gets complete, run Google Chrome and you will notice more smoother and faster Chrome.
If you want to check your version is 64 bit or not than go to “settings” > “about” there you will see the version of your current installed Google Chrome as shown in image below.
I would recommend you to try 64 bit version of Google Chrome, as it has got many good features over 32 bit version. Just try it and tell me how it goes for you in comments.