How To Access Windows PC Remotely by iPhone & iPad ?
What if I tell you that you can access your Home PC with your iPhone from anywhere? That Sounds handy isn’t it? In this everyday busy life of people I think this will be extremely useful tip which everyone should know. Why? Lets dive into it.
Let me first explain you benefit of this tutorial by a simple example. It might happen that you are leaving for office and after reaching office you suddenly remember that you forgot to turn off your computer the one which is at your home. At that time you can’t go home just for the sake of turning it off and this will waste lots of your money in terms of electricity. But if you are aware of this tip than you can turn off your computer right with your iPhone or iPad from office! You might be thinking it as a jailbreak tweak but no, you don’t need to jailbreak your iOS devices to access windows pc remotely from anywhere. I have a simple step by step guide in this article on how to access windows PC remotely by iPhone or iPad.
You might be very curious now to know all the things so let us talk about it, There are few apps available in App Store which makes this thing possible. These apps lets you connect your windows computer and iPhone remotely from anywhere using Internet so you must have Internet connection on both computer and iPhone. When I tried this for first time, I used Microsoft’s own Remote Desktop Client app on my iPhone but I would not be explaining you using that app because it is very complex to use and it only supports pro versions of Windows operating systems like Windows 7 professional and windows 8 pro or higher. Why to deal with complex things if you can do it in more easy way? So I found another app to access windows computer remotely from anywhere using my iPhone. I have explained below in simple steps How I used my iPhone to remotely access my Windows laptop. Just follow below given simple steps and enjoy!
Access Windows PC Remotely by iPhone and iPad From Anywhere
I will be using my iPhone to explain you, don’t worry if you are using iPad than also you can follow these same steps. First of all we will be downloading app namely Teamviewer which is available for free on App Store. After that we will be installing Teamviewer on windows pc than we will make connection between iOS device and windows computer using Teamviewer remote connection feature. Let us begin with step by step guide to access windows pc remotely by iPhone and iPad.
1) Open App Store and search for Teamviewer or you can download that app from here on your computer and install it later on your iPhone by syncing it with iTunes.
2) After installing teamviewer app on your iOS device, we will be installing teamviewer on Windows PC or laptop. You can download its setup for free from here.
3) At the time of installation of Teamviewer on windows it will ask you for what purpose you are installing it. Select “Installation to access this computer remotely(unattended)” and below that you will be asked How do you want to use Teamviewer? in that select “Personal / Non-commercial use” and click on “Accept – finish” button.
As soon as you click the button, it will start installing Teamviewer on your windows computer. Wait for sometime and let it complete.
4) After installation it will automatically open wizard to setup teamviewer on your computer. Click on Next and it will ask you to set password for your computer. If you don’t want to setup than also it is fine but it is good practice to have it password protected so no unauthorized user can connect to your pc or laptop. Enter your desired password and click on Next.
5) Now after that you will be shown 9 digit ID which you have to enter into your iPhone or iPad to connect with this computer. So note it down somewhere and Click on Finish.
As soon as you will click on finish, Teamviewer will start running on your computer. It will show you your computer ID and password through which you can connect your iOS device to your computer. Note down both of them on somewhere so you can connect to your computer remotely from anywhere with your iOS device.
Now all work which was to be done on computer is completed, so now lets head towards setting teamviewer on iPhone or iPad.
6) Open Teamviewer App to access windows pc remotely by iPhone and iPad. It will ask you to enter your partner’s ID, here partner ID means, device ID with which you want to connect. Enter ID which you noted down before here and tap on “Remote Control” button.
7) It will load up for sometime depending upon your internet connection and than it will ask you to enter partner’s password, the one which we noted down before. Enter that password and tap on “OK”.
8) Now if you have entered right credentials, than you will see your computer’s screen on your iPhone or iPad. If you get some error than try again whole procedure and make sure you enter the right ID and password while making connection.
Let us now talk on how to use your iPhone to control windows PC. Using your PC from iOS device is very easy, just drag the mouse over the screen and tap wherever you want to click. You can use your iPhone or iPad keyboard to type anything on your computer. Using it is not that much tough and you will get use to it after trying it twice or thrice.
This is how you can access windows PC remotely by iPhone or iPad. Now one question may arise to you, that how you can disconnect your iOS device with windows computer. To disconnect your iOS device from windows computer,
Tap on keyboard icon on screen, and tap on “x” in bottom left corner of screen. It will ask you for confirmation to close and than it will disconnect your iOS device from windows computer.
That’s all folks! I hope you like this article and found it useful. If you face any problems doing this than do ask me in comments. I will try to solve it as soon as possible.