How to Add Website Shortcut To Home Screen in Android & iOS ?
You might be visiting hundreds of websites everyday and few of them daily. Today I have came up with an option which will make your work little more simpler! Well it feels handy when your favorite thing is just one click away. Yes, In this article I will tell you how you can add your favorite website’s shortcut to your Android or iOS device home screen.
If you own a website than you must be familiar with term ‘favicon’. If not than favicon is the icon which is displayed in tab whenever you open any website. It is good practice to add favicon to your site, It not only makes your site look professional but it also makes good impression in others mind. Well that is not our topic to discuss today but if you use your phone to surf internet than there might be many blogs or websites which you will be visiting regularly. You may also have bookmarked it, but what if you can directly go to your favorite website by just single tap on home screen? That sounds easy isn’t it? In this article I have explained how you can easily add your favorite website shortcut to home screen on any iOS device or Android. Let me first begin with iOS.
Add Website Shortcut To Home Screen in iOS
As title says it can be done on any iOS device whether it is iPhone, iPad or iPod. I will be using iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1.3 installed to explain you. Let me now show you how you can add your favorite website shortcut on home screen of any iOS device. Follow below given simple steps.
1) Open your favorite website in Safari browser, of which you want to add shortcut ( Use only Safari browser ). For better understanding you can open technobrij.com right now and afterwards you can add shortcuts of your favorite website. After your website loads completely, tap on options icon highlighted in below given image.
2) It will show you all options, In that tap on Add to Home Screen option highlighted in image below. As I said earlier also use only Safari browser to have this option.
3) Now you will see website name and favicon. You can edit name of website and after that tap on Add in top right corner. That’s it it will add your favorite website shortcut on Home screen.
That’s it now you will be able to visit your favorite website right from your home screen. Just tap on icon and it will open that website in browser. No more typing long URL’s or finding from your bookmarks, Add website shortcut to home screen in iOS and enjoy surfing internet more easily on your iOS devices.
Now what if you want to remove any shortcut from home screen? Don’t worry, you can just hold on website icon and tap cross ( ‘x’ ) icon. Just as you do to delete apps on your iPhone or iPad. If you face any problems doing this than you can ask me in comments section below.
Add Shortcut of Website on Home Screen in Android
Let me show you same thing now on Android device. It doesn’t matter you are using Android Phone or Tablet this will work on both of them but before that let me tell clarify, that this will only work on devices with Android 4.0 or higher. I will be using Samsung Galaxy Core with Android 4.1.2. Follow below given simple steps and add shortcut of your favorite website on Home screen of your Android device.
1) Go to your favorite website using Android default browser. I am not talking about chrome, you can see it in below given image.
2) After website loads completely, tap on options button and it will open menu. In that menu select Add Shortcut option and you will see notification shortcut added.
3) Press home button and Go to home screen, you will see their shortcut of your favorite website. Just tap on that and it will open website in browser.
That’s it in this way you can easily add website shortcut to home screen on iOS and Android. If you face any difficulties doing this ask me in comments I will reply you as soon as possible.