How to downgrade iOS 9 Public Beta to iOS 8.4 on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad ?
Apple recently rolled out iOS 9 Public Beta for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, well many of us updated to it but it has lots of bugs, performance and battery draining problems. which makes tough for users to use iOS 9 as there daily driver right now. Though all this problems would be fixed in later iOS 9 updates but there is no information of when Apple will be rolling next updates. At this stage it is always safer to downgrade to stable iOS versions which is iOS 8.4 right now. I have explained step by step here on how you can downgrade iOS 9 public beta version to iOS 8.4 stable version on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.Luckily Apple is still signing iOS 8.4 so those who are willing to jailbreak there devices should straight away downgrade to iOS 8.4 and jailbreak their devices using latest TaiG iOS 8.4 Jailbreak tool. The process of downgrading is quite simple first you have to download iOS 8.4 IPSW firmware of your iOS device and than we will install it using iTunes. Without wasting more time let us begin with tutorial and downgrade to iOS 8.4 from iOS 9 Public Beta.
Note – You can follow this guide for downgrading to iOS 8.4 from both developer Beta builds as well as Public Beta release of iOS 9.
iOS 8.4 Direct Download Links –
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th-generation)
Steps to Downgrade iOS 9 Public Beta to iOS 8.4 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch –
1) I installed iOS 9 Public Beta on my iPad Air 2 so I have to download iOS 8.4 IPSW Firmware for iPad Air 2. You have to download for your iOS device from above given links.
2) Download and install latest version of iTunes from here.
3) Launch iTunes and connect your iOS device to Mac or Windows via USB cable.
4) Boot your iOS device into DFU mode:
- Press and Hold Home button and Power button at the same time.
- Keep it pressed for about 6-7 seconds than release power button but continue pressing Home button until iTunes prompt you that your device is connected in Recovery Mode.
- You will see Black screen on your iOS device.
5) Now if you are on Mac press and hold Alt/Option Key and if you are on Windows press and hold Shift key than click on Restore iPhone/iPad button.
6) Now select iOS firmware file you downloaded earlier from the opened pop-up and hit Restore button again to confirm restore process.
7) Wait for 10-15 minutes and let iTunes restore/downgrade your iOS to latest version of iOS 8 which is iOS 8.4.
That’s it folks! Now you can enjoy stable version of iOS on your device and you can enjoy buttery smooth iOS experience again. I hope this tutorial helps you in downgrading your device from iOS 9 Public Beta to iOS 8.4. If you face any issues doing this ask me in comments.