How To Setup A Password For Wifi ?
Now a days every one has switched to Wi-Fi network. At every homes or offices people have there own wifi network and even you will be having your wifi network but is your wifi secured? Do it ask for password at time of connect ? If no than your devices are in serious hazards of getting hacked , neighbours stealing your internet and many more. This article is about how to setup a password for wifi. Follow instructions and secure your wifi network with password right now.
Few weeks before when I bought router and configured it, I was not knowing how to setup password and secure it. I did lots of google search and finally I successfully secured my network. Today I will be sharing with you a method which I used to setup password for wifi. When my wifi network was open( without password ), I saw my greedy neighbours were taking benefit of it and I came to know of it by reading this very useful article Simple Ways To See Who is Using Your Wifi. You can follow steps and know who is using your wifi network and also you can block unwanted handsets or laptops connecting to your wifi. There are lots of other benefits of securing your wifi network like it allows only known person to connect your wifi, It encrypts all data transfer through your network as a result hackers can not penetrate into your network. Putting password on your wifi network ensures that you are the only owner of your network.
I am using iBall Baton router to explain you how to setup a password for wifi. Let me tell you that below given steps may slightly vary for other routers but most of the things are same. I am sure that after going through below given steps you will be able to put password on any router. Let us begin to setup password for your wifi.
Steps On – How To Setup a password for wifi
Mind well you can follow same steps to change your wifi password in future. First of all we have to access router settings page and there are two ways for accessing settings page of your router. One is by ethernet cable and other is by connecting to your router wirelessly. Don’t get confused and read steps further.
1) Connect your laptop with router wirelessly or with ethernet cable. Open any web browser and type in there any one of these 192.168.1.1 , 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.2.1. These are typical router address to access it with internet for me first one worked. If it doesn’t work for your router than you can try other two. If any one of these don’t work than you can contact your router support or google search with your routers model number. I hope you are enjoying this article on how to setup a password for wifi.
When you will hit enter after entering address, you will see a dialogue box asking you for username & password. Default username and password for almost every router is username – admin and password – admin. If it shows incorrect than you can search google with your router model number or if you have changed its username, password and you forgot it than press reset button on your router and it will reset your router to factory settings.
2) After logging into your router settings. You will see home page of your router with lots of links and options. I will insist you to do not mess up with it as it can change other settings which may lead to unexpected results. Find Wireless Security on that page. In my case it is under Wireless menu. If you are using other router than too it will have ‘ Wireless Security ‘ or ‘ Security Settings ‘ option somewhere find it and follow further steps.
3) This is were the game begins of how to setup a password for wifi . On wireless security page, Select Encryption type. You can select between WEP, WPA-PSK, or WPA2-PSK and if you see option of WPA2-PSK than Select it as it is best encryption type which provides highest security. If you don’t see it you can select any other options.
4) Now after selecting encryption type, we have to select encryption algorithm. You will get there options like TKIP and AES, Select AES algorithm as it is the new and most secured. Again if you don’t get that option than you can select TKIP.
5) After doing all settings now time is to give your network a good password and complete our tutorial on how to setup a password for wifi. Input your desired password there and click on save. You may see SSID text box there you have to input there your network name.
I would recommend you to choose a password which contains numbers , alphabets and even symbols. Password must be complex which is not easy to guess by other peoples. If you want than you can also use online password generator.
After you click on save your wifi will automatically restart, if it not than you can restart it manually. All the devices which were connected to network will be automatically disconnected. You can connect them back by entering your new password. Now if in future you want to change the password than don’t do anything to settings just type in your new password and click on save.
This were the steps on how to setup a password for wifi. In this way you can easily secure your network with password. If you face any problem doing this you can tell me in comments.