How To Remove Virus From Your Computer Without Antivirus ?
Along with increase in usage of gadgets and internet, threat of virus is also increasing day by day. Activities of viruses like popups for no reason, blue screen errors or automatic restarting etc. will surely annoy you. One of the way to get rid of it is buying Antivirus programs but it will cost you hundreds of bucks. Today’s article is based on removal of virus without any antivirus programs. No more spending money on purchasing software to remove virus, spyware and malware affecting your personal data. I have explained all things in this article how you can deal with computers affected by virus, What are the remedies you should take and also how to get rid of it permanently!
No doubt antivirus is the quickest way to heal your computer from virus and if you will purchase any antivirus program for your computer than it will cost you about $100 ( minimum ). There are also many few free antivirus available on internet, you can use them but of-course free versions are not capable to free your computer from all types of hazards. I think using Antivirus is also good as it prevents you laptop from all threats but why to spend money on Antivirus software if you get all your work done for free! You may not believe but it can be done. If your computer allows virus to get in than it also has hidden power to kick them out and I am gonna introduce you with those powers and show you how to remove virus without antivirus software.
How to prevent computer from virus without any antivirus ?
Prevention is better than cure!
Before talking about prevention, we should first think about how virus came in our computer or laptop? Well answer of this question is quite simple, it can be when you are transferring files from your thumbdrive or portable harddisk. Another source of virus is by downloading email attachments or by downloading content via torrents. If we talk in general than USB and internet are the main source of virus. Now what to do to prevent your computer from virus getting in through these mediums?
- Always disable autorun feature of USB disks on your computer or laptop. As soon as you connect your USB disk device that feature automatically opens that drive and at that virus gets the opportunity to get in to your computer and harm your files. You can search google to disable autorun feature of USB drives.
- As we talked earlier another medium is internet but it is very difficult task to stop viruses getting in from internet yet not impossible. One of the easiest and most crucial thing which you should take care of is download things from only trusted sites or virus protected sites. One of the major threat of virus on internet is from torrent files so never ever download it. If you are using Google Chrome browser than you can download Webfilter Pro or any other similar chrome extensions.
These were the few things which you should take care of, to prevent virus problems on your computer but what if virus has already attacked your computer and you are still not aware of it. What you should do and should not do in those conditions to protect your computer data? Next thing which I am going to explain is..
How to identify virus on your computer and What’s next to do ?
As every criminal leaves some clues behind, virus also lefts few clues after doing its work. As we are going to remove virus without antivirus software, you need to be very smart to identify virus infected files on your computer. Before scanning your computer for virus let us understand what is virus and what is there working strategy? Virus is not a physical thing it is a few lines of program which is meant to be code to complete any task. I think you didn’t understood it. In simple words virus is a virtual thing in your computer which is made by humans to complete any tasks. Tasks can be stealing your personal information, infecting or deleting files etc. Now let us talk about how virus works? Virus infects your computer or laptop on your actions means simple actions like double clicking on infected files etc can activate them and they start doing their work. If you have antivirus installed than as soon as it finds any virus it quarantines that file and does not let you to access it. In same way we are also going to stay away from affected files.
If your computer is infected than till now you may have activated many virus infected files accidentally. Now let us talk on how you can identify virus infected files without any antivirus software.
- One of the characteristic of virus is they have very unusual names and extensions like Recycle%bin, autorun.inf etc. so it is somehow easy to identify those type of files and also you can easily remove virus without antivirus.
- Mostly virus files are set as hidden in your folder so you should go into folder properties and tick on show hidden files to see all hidden files in that folder.
- Virus creates the shortcuts of the folder in which they reside i.e. if you find shortcut to the folder with name ‘photos’ in folder with name ‘photos’ than it is affected from virus.
- If you find any .exe file on clicking of which it do not run than it is also virus. Actually it do not runs in front of you but as soon as you click on it, it gets activated and it starts working in background.
As you have identified now that your computer is in threat you have to do something to tackle with viruses. But we have to act smart now, check do’s and don’ts below.
You should do this –
- As soon as you find any folder which is affected by virus, you should hide it so that it do not encourage to click on it and afterwards we can easily remove virus without antivirus software.
- You should perform disk cleanup in this situations, it deletes majority of virus affected files.
You shouldn’t do this –
- Never click on files affected by virus or any .exe files which do not respond on clicking.
- Don’t insert any USB drive when your computer is infected by virus, to prevent it also from getting affected.
- Never ever try to copy or move virus affected folders or files.
As we have done all the tasks only one thing is remaining to be done and that is removing virus from your computer. Follow below given steps properly to get rid of virus from your computer without any antivirus program!
How To Remove Virus Without Antivirus Software?
Now as you have identified that your pc is infected we will try to remove it. We will be using command prompt so it is very necessary that it is running properly. We will also need task manager to accomplish our task so make sure this things work properly. If it doesn’t work than too don’t worry we have also got another tactics. First of all let us try to run command prompt and task manager if it is not working.
- Try restarting your computer or laptop and start it in safe mode or safe mode with command prompt. Create user account and login with it. Check if command prompt is working in that or not.
Now as we have command prompt and task manager in working conditions let us begin with our tutorial on how to remove virus without antivirus software. Follow simple steps given below…
- First of all start task manager on your pc or laptop and stop all unwanted services. ( Shortcut to open task manager – Ctrl+Shift+Esc ) Do not stop any service without any knowledge.
- Find explorer.exe process and stop that also. Don’t worry every thing will disappear and only you will see is task manager on your screen.
- Now in task manager click on New Task and type msconfig in that and start it.
- In Msconfig go to services tab and stop all un-wanted services which you think it is an virus. Similarly go to startup tab and stop all suspicious services which you think as virus.
- Check also location of any suspicious service and try to delete those files. If you delete and it comes back again than follow below given steps on remove virus without antivirus using cmd –
1) Open command prompt by pressing ( windows key + R ) type in cmd and hit enter.
2) Now you have to go at the place where you have found that suspicious file i.e. if that file is in e drive than type below given code and hit enter you will be in E: drive of your computer.
3) Let us suppose that our suspicious file is “autorun.inf”. Now we will change attribute of autorun.inf by typing below given command in command prompt.
attrib -h -s -r “autorun.inf”
We have changed files attribute to h-s-r means Hidden-System-Read only respectively.
4) Now as we have changed attributes we can now easily delete our file by typing below given command.
or you can delete it from folder directly. Now delete all files which you think as suspicious but I warn you to not mess up with things without any knowledge. It may harm your computer so don’t do without perfect knowledge.
If you will look at the function of antivirus than it first of all try to prevent your computer from virus. If it gets affected it quarantines or repairs the affected file or finally it delete it also. If we look at our scenario than we have done all these things manually without antivirus software ! In this way you can easily remove virus without antivirus. If you face any problems doing this than you can tell me in comments. I will try to help you as soon as possible.