How to Use iPhone Camera Like a Pro ? – Get DSLR Like Results !
If you own an iPhone than I can bet that many from you will not be knowing about it’s few of hidden features on using which you can capture DSLR like photos! This is not a joke I have few images which are captured from my iPhone. In this article I will be talking about how you can use your iphone camera like a pro to get DSLR like results.
If you don’t know price of professional cameras than let me first of all begin with prices of DSLR cameras. If you buy any low budget DSLR camera than it will cost about $500 ( extra costs for lens ). That will surely burn your pocket, actually we don’t need those type of cameras it is for professional photographers and also why to buy if you get same result as DSLR from your iPhone? Yes that’s true and In this article I will be teaching you how to use your iPhone camera to get similar results to DSLR.
If we talk about history of iPhone than previous generation iPhone were not having good cameras but after launch of iPhone 4, Apple really started working on camera. In October 2012 Apple launched iPhone 4s with 8MP iSight camera and same camera was continued with little improvements to iPhone 5. After some major improvements with sensor and flash, Apple launched new camera in iPhone 5s. These all metrics may not be useful to you but if you own iPhone 4s or higher generation iPhone than definitely you own one of the best camera phone. If I talk about my self than I have a little knowledge about using professional cameras, but I apply that knowledge while capturing photos from my iPhone and results are below.
Let me begin by showing you some images captured by myself from my iPhone.
Images Captured From iPhone Camera
Believe me or not but these all pictures are captured from my iPhone camera. Do you want to capture this type of images from your iPhone? I revealed secret in guidelines below. Follow below given guidelines and capture images like DSLR camera.
Secret To Get DSLR Like Results From iPhone Camera –
- Don’t be in hurry of capturing images, Let camera focus properly on objects and than capture image. It will increase stabilization and you will get sharp blur free images.
- Capture images by locking focus. As I said earlier that you will not be knowing about few hidden features of iPhone camera, well this is one of them – Focus Locking. To lock focus on any object, Tap that object on iPhone screen for around 2 seconds until you see on screen “AE/AF Lock” and let your camera lock the focus on that object. You can see below given image for more understanding.
As you can see in image, I have locked focus on my iPhone box. As I am not in good light conditions, Picture is not much sharp but this thing works great in sunlight or good light conditions. Examples are my captured images.
- As we all know iPhone camera does not perform well in low light conditions but I have captured few pictures in low light and got best results. To get better picture in low light conditions, you can use lock focus feature or take the picture after camera focuses automatically. I am sure this will help you in capturing good quality images even at night time.
- I have seen many people who are still not knowing what is use of HDR. Well HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. When you capture any image by turning HDR mode on, It captures 3 images at a time and saves combination of all three images which results in crystal clear image. You can use HDR to get better results in low light conditions or you can use it in high light conditions like sea coasts or at place where light is relatively low or very high. As HDR is a combination of multiple images never use it to capture any moving object otherwise you will get blurred image.
- Now let us talk about panorama shot in iPhone. As we know iPhone camera don’t let us use flash while taking panorama, so it is better to capture panorama shot where there is sufficient amount of light. As panorama is horizontally joined picture, take care there is no moving things in between your panorama shot otherwise it will get scattered in image. The thing which I wanted to convey is capture panorama shots of things which are not moving or still. You can see as an example the panorama shot taken by me on my iPhone of Cricket Stadium.
- Now let us talk about videos on iPhone, If you have iPhone 4s or later generations than your phone has capability to capture full HD 1080p videos. I have seen many videos taken from iPhone but not having proper voice quality or very low voice in video, so make sure that your finger is not on mic of iPhone while capturing videos. Don’t use flash unless required, sometimes it whitens whole video.
- You can also use third party camera apps available on App store. Few of them I like is Camera + , Night Cap pro but these all are paid apps. Don’t worry you can Get Paid Apps For Free Without Jailbreak On iPhone.
These were few guidelines which I felt to share with you all to ensure better pictures next time with your iPhone. If you want to give any tips for more better experience with iPhone camera than feel free to tell us in comments. I would also like to know, How this tips work for you.